Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween Fun








Well, the boys definitely LOVED Halloween this year! Sadly, I think my years of coordinated Halloween costumes with a theme are over. Sniff, sniff. I loved the Buzz and Woody combo from last year, complete with them singing "You've Got a Friend in Me" to each other. But this year, accessories won over costumes. Instead of going as Captain America (Robbie) and Batman (Scottie), they both saw plastic swords and changed their minds at the last minute. Scottie went as a knight and Robbie ended up being a ninja. Or, as Ron coined it, our little Mujahedin warrior when he wore his hood and mask. He was all about being a "bad guy", sneaking around in all black





Allie went along for the ride and looked adorable as a little baby bunny, although she had no clue what was going on. She made it until the last 2 houses and started to cry and just wanted to be home in her jammies and drinking her last nighttime feeding.

I did have to do a little experiment with her earlier in the day, though. I still had the Tom Arma skunk costume that Robbie wore for his first Halloween. Since they're both June babies, and so many have commented on how much they look alike, I had to try to stage a similar photo of Allie in the skunk costume. There is definitely NO denying that these kids are all related!

And one final update on Allie. We had her 4 month doctor's appointment last week. She weighed in at 13lb 12oz (50th percentile) and measured 25" (75th percentile) with her head maintaining the 25th percentile measurement. She had her shots and cried for all of 15 seconds before I had to pass her off to one of the 4 doctors and nurses in the room so we could give the boys their flu shots. Three kids and four shots at the same time. There was hot chocolate, a movie on DVD, and pumpkin carving when we got home to make up for the needle pokes!

No comments:

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five