Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Daddy's Birthday

Well, at least we celebrated Daddy's birthday on time! Better late than never for posting about it on the blog, I suppose! (We'll just say that Kate's birthday post to Ron counts for us, too!) We celebrated Ron's birthday with a yummy lobster dinner (even Scottie ate some lobster!) followed by a special cake that the boys helped "design" and make for Daddy. We had been talking about what kind of birthdays Robbie and Scottie have had in the past and want in the future, and the boys decided that Daddy should have a "Football Birthday." And for this football birthday, Daddy would need a football cake. (Imagine my relief that they settled on the football theme instead of the tool theme -- don't know how I would have done that one!)

So the boys helped me bake the cake and Robbie helped me decorate it to make it look like a football. I'm proud to say that this cake showed marked improvement over the last homemade cake I baked for Ron the year we moved to Charlotte. I didn't know you were supposed to let the cake cool before icing it, or even out the layers so they don't slide off each other. It was the funniest, most lopsided cake ever, but at least it tasted good! Thanks to the Food Network and Martha Stewart show, I actually made something that resembled a football and was tasty to eat, too!
We celebrated his birthday again at my parents' house on Sunday with more family. Happy non-birthday to Aunt Kate and thanks again for her much-more-timely birthday post!!

No comments:

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five