Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wonder What They Chat About



We're trying to enjoy what's left of summer by spending as much time outside as possible. The boys play in the backyard while I get dinner ready since I can see most of the yard from the back door. When I peeked out and didn't see them the other day, I had to walk around to the side of the house. There they were, sitting at the top of the steps that go down to the driveway. The very outer edge of where they know they're allowed to go when no adult is with them. So I snuck up on them and snapped a few pictures with the zoom on. They were just so cute off by themselves, deep in conversation, obviously enjoying each other's company. I love what great friends they are to each other.

Allie has also found a brand new friend. The rearview mirror we have in the minivan is an Elmo mirror. Now that she has found her voice, we hear her "talking" to Elmo all the time in the car. So the boys grabbed one of their Elmo slippers and put it next to Allie. Now we get to hear her talking, cooing and squealing to Elmo all the time! She's just such a happy baby!

Her other favorite activity is standing up. She loves to put weight on her legs and stand in your lap and just chat away. She makes eye contact and coos and tries to mimic the sounds we make. Such fun new discoveries everyday!

No comments:

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five