Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's a football day!!

That's what the boys said yesterday when we all donned our Penn State tee-shirts (yes, Allie, too) to cheer on our favorite team in our favorite sport for the first time this season. Unfortunately, The Big Ten Network and Comcast can't get their acts together, so we probably won't be able to watch very many games again this year. Since NJ isn't a Big Ten state, Comcast doesn't carry the BTN. I never thought I'd miss Time Warner Cable, but I do during football season.

But this is a favorite season for our family nonetheless. College football and NFL, we just love to watch the game. Robbie and Scottie especially got a kick out of the Michigan game last night. They were amazed when we told them that their team was called the Wolverines. Big fans of the X-Men superheroes, Wolverine is their favorite one to pretend to be. They really loved the "Wolverine claw scratches" on football players' blue and yellow helmets!

After they got in their jammies, the boys ran to the playroom to get their own "helmets" to play football themselves. Robbie came out in his fireman hat and Scottie came out in a sun visor. Robbie said, "This is my football helmet and that's Scottie's coach's hat." So Robbie, the football player, and Scottie the coach, mimed playing football in the living room (since throwing a football in the living room is a no-no). Robbie would say, "I'm throwing it to you, Scottie!" with a big swing of his arm. And then Scottie would reach out in the air to grab the invisible ball and say, "I caught it!" Then they'd both run to the stairs and take off their hats and say, "Oh no, football is over now!" Then start it right back up again. Ron and I were laughing the whole time. So cute!! I hope they stay good friends like this as they get older. When they're not trying to kill each other, they're really very cute!

No comments:

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five