Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer's Gone By in the Blink of an Eye

Well, a new school year starts for my boys in a few weeks and I see that my last post was back in May. So much has happened, I don't know where to start! In fact, it's been so long since I last posted, I've felt it's too much to tackle, which only keeps me away longer. Time to start it up again.

My main computer crashed a few months ago, and with it went my ease in posting pictures. I'll have to see if this laptop can handle Picassa again now that my husband has given it a rebirth. If not, I'll figure out a plan B. So this post will just be text. Boring, I know, but gotta start somewhere!

Okay, so May was filled with fun for me. Mother's Day and my birthday. Plus gorgeous weather, wrapping up Robbie's last days as a preschooler, and finishing up soccer for both Robbie and Scottie.

June brought us all to Disney where we celebrated Robbie's 5th birthday with Ron's whole family. 8 kids ages 9 and under and only 6 adults. We were definitely outnumbered, but had a fantastic time! The end of June was Allie's 1st birthday. How is it possible that my youngest little baby is already a year old?!

July was filled with fun summer days of camp, sports and lots of time at the pool. Besides the church's Vacation Bible School (all three kids attended and I volunteered to teach a class of 3rd graders!), the boys also took sports camps. Scottie's was a multi-sports camp where he learned the basics of soccer, baseball, football, and tennis. Robbie chose a single-sport lacrosse camp. He was by far the youngest participant, but had an absolute ball!! Both boys took swim lessons at the pool, and Allie learned by watching. She thinks she's a fish! Allie's first steps took place toward the end of the month and I knew I'd be chasing her around before long.

So here we are in August now. Enjoying the last days of summer as we gear up for a new school year. Swim lessons and camps are all done for the year, but we're squeezing in day trips to the Jersey Shore and lots more time at the pool. Allie walks all over the place now, and the boys are just so great with her and with each other. On days when I'm close to losing my patience, I try to take a step back and look at them for the absolute blessings they are. So small and innocent. Yes, they need me A LOT, but I know the time will come, all too soon, when they won't. Then, I'll find myself staring at them and just wishing they'd bug me for some attention.

Sigh. What a summer it's been. What a lucky Mommy I am!

I'll try to figure a way to post my favorite pictures of the summer later. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally! An update. I have missed reading them; but now I am exhausted. Sounds like you have provided an absolutely fabulous summer for Robbie, Scottie and Allie. Back-to-school will be here all too soon-or maybe not soon enough?

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five