Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Enjoy the chaos that is our family, with our two boys, Robbie (5) and Scottie (3.5), and our baby girl, Allie (1). Thanks for checking in as we learn, grow and laugh a lot!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Anticipation


Remember that old Carly Simon song? It's going through my head these days. After being induced two weeks early with Scottie, I really thought I'd already be holding my baby girl by now. But here I am, 7 days away from my July 1 due date and still no news to report.

At my ultrasound appt last week, the baby was measuring smaller than either of my boys were at that stage. 7lbs 7oz on the ultrasound (which is probably really around 6lbs in reality since the u/s always measure so big). So my OB said we're just going to wait and see. I have another OB appt tomorrow to see if I'm dilated or anything, but I kinda doubt it. I never dilated on my own or had my water break or anything on my own with either of my earlier pregnancies, so I feel like I just need to wait it out again this time.

But we're all excited, knowing that she could arrive at any time now! Lots of anticipation going on. When will she arrive? What will her delivery be like? What will she look like? What will we name her? How will the boys react? What kind of baby will she be? I'm just so excited (and yes, a bit nervous, too) that I can't wait!

So, place your bets. When do you think baby girl Maisch will arrive? Ron's betting on Thursday, 6/26. I feel like, if I've gone this long, it would be nice to have a July baby, so I'd like to see her arrive on Tuesday, 7/1, which is my actual due date. Any guesses? We'll let you all know as soon as we know! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

G'Ma guesses the 4th of July!
Not that we want to wait that long.
Not that you need a little firecracker.
But wouldn't it be cool to always have fireworks on your birthday?

Kate said...

Hi Stacey,
Just sent you an email but here are the guesses (Doug is out of town):

Caleb: July 1
Kate: July 3
Brynn: July 4
Price: July 6
Evan: July 8

Guess we are trying to get you a ruby!

Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five