

Wednesday is Robbie's last day of his first year of preschool. At the beginning of the year, I remember the fear and nervousness about dropping off my very first baby with strangers. Sure, they were great teachers at a highly recommended preschool, but they were strangers to me and to my baby. I was so proud of him as he ran right into the classroom, excited to play with all their crafts and toys, but I cried as I pulled out of the driveway. I felt my heartstrings being pulled tighter and tighter with each yard down the school driveway. I knew it was the right time for him, and just hoped for the best.
Well, the best is what we got. This year has been such a wonderful experience for Robbie (and for me). His teachers were perfect. Caring and open. Sensitive to what made Robbie tick and helpful to me in letting me know what was going on in class. I couldn't be happier with our choice of school for him and his placement in this class. Today was just a reminder of all of that.
Although Robbie's 4th birthday isn't until next Friday, they had his class birthday party today. I made some dinosaur cupcakes for the kids to share (my own personal achievement since I'm no great decorator!) and got to go in to read to the class from Robbie's favorite book. We read Dr. Seuss' "The Zax" and "What Was I Scared Of?" (otherwise known as, "The Pants With Nobody Inside Them" according to Robbie and Scottie). Seeing both of my boys sitting there, listening to the stories they hear almost every night really made me feel nostalgic about this school year ending. (Scottie got to come with me to read today and got to sit on his own little carpet square next to his big brother -- he thought he was just so cool sitting with all the big kids!)
I find myself already looking forward to September when Robbie starts in the 4-day 4-year-old program and it's Scottie's turn for his very first days of preschool in the 2-day 2.5-year-old class. What lucky boys to have such fun experiences and what a lucky Mommy to join in the fun!
Well, the best is what we got. This year has been such a wonderful experience for Robbie (and for me). His teachers were perfect. Caring and open. Sensitive to what made Robbie tick and helpful to me in letting me know what was going on in class. I couldn't be happier with our choice of school for him and his placement in this class. Today was just a reminder of all of that.
Although Robbie's 4th birthday isn't until next Friday, they had his class birthday party today. I made some dinosaur cupcakes for the kids to share (my own personal achievement since I'm no great decorator!) and got to go in to read to the class from Robbie's favorite book. We read Dr. Seuss' "The Zax" and "What Was I Scared Of?" (otherwise known as, "The Pants With Nobody Inside Them" according to Robbie and Scottie). Seeing both of my boys sitting there, listening to the stories they hear almost every night really made me feel nostalgic about this school year ending. (Scottie got to come with me to read today and got to sit on his own little carpet square next to his big brother -- he thought he was just so cool sitting with all the big kids!)
I find myself already looking forward to September when Robbie starts in the 4-day 4-year-old program and it's Scottie's turn for his very first days of preschool in the 2-day 2.5-year-old class. What lucky boys to have such fun experiences and what a lucky Mommy to join in the fun!
1 comment:
This is great! Love reading about the momentous and not-so moments of the Sublime Family...and by the way, the cupcakes look very dinosaury, good job!
Post a Comment